Update: DJI has posted the upgraded DJI Phantom 2 available for purchase. Below the links for the the Bundle and individual items.
- Upgraded DJI Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal (Includes upgraded Remote, Motors, ESC’s, Compass)
- Upgraded DJI Phantom 2 Remote Control/Transmitter (2.4GHz version for normal non-Vision Phantom 2)
- Upgraded DJI Phantom 2 Vision/Vision+ Remote Control (5.8GHz version for all Vision models)
- Upgraded Thrust Boosted Propellers (for all DJI Phantom 2 models)
Just a few days ago we reported the leaked DJI Phantom 3 Triumph app screenshots that were found. Head over here to view the DJI Phantom 3 Triumph leak. Now there has been another leak, one with a bit more credibility as DJI dealers/partners are receiving information on an upcoming upgraded DJI Phantom 2.
What is getting upgraded in this DJI Phantom 2 Upgraded Version?
- Remote Control or Transmitter (Tx) now includes a new dial for controlling the X1 Axis for camera & gimbal movement, built in lithium-polymer battery with battery indicator and trainer port. The trainer port will allow you to hook up the Tx to a computer and fly some sort of DJI Simulator. I’m still hopeful that you can also connect one remote control to another and allow someone to take over control. The included battery will be a 2000mAh LiPo and you will be able to view the battery level on the front of the remote with the familiar 4 led’s similar to the DJI smart battery. The remote will feature a new throttle stick with lock mode for descending, allowing you to descend as quickly as possible since the throttle stick will remained locked in down position temporarily.
- The motors will be replaced with newer 2312 motors featuring lighter weight, more power and less vibration. DJI achieves this through a new stator winding structure which increases slot wire embedding degree and improves heat dissipation. When used with the new 4.5″ pitch propellers can provide an extra 200g of thrust per axis or motor. It is claimed that battery life isn’t degraded when used with new ESC and new motors.
- The propellers have a higher pitch and are tuned for even less vibrations through dynamic balancing.
- The compass has been redesigned to be smaller and more accurate.
Don’t want to be out of the loop on this and other leaked quadcopters? Sign up for our email list in the sidebar or below if on mobile!
Images courtesy of www.kopterworx.com