At their Media Event in Los Angeles today, DJI released three new drones! The Inspire 2, Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro+ joined the fleet. Let’s check out the Phantom 4 Pro and Pro+.
Features at a Glance:
- 1″ 20MP sensor capable of 4K/60fps & 14fps Stills
- Mechanical Shutter
- H.264 and H.265 Encoding
- Titanium Alloy and Magnesium Alloy construction
- FlightAutonomy syste adds dual rear vision sensors
- Infrared sensing system additionally allows a complete five direction obstacle sensing and four direction obstacle avoidance
- 4.3mi/7km Transmission Range
- 30min flight time
- “Draw” Waypoint Control
- Active Track
- Phantom 4 Pro:
- 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz Tx cuts through interference in busy 2.4Ghz areas
- Phantom 4 Pro+:
- Dual Frequencies from Phantom 4 Pro and:
- Included 5.5″ 1080P Display with 1000 cd/m2 brightness (twice that of normal smartphones
- Integration of Tx, Display & App allow for an even greater reduction in Video Lag
- Tx: Built-in HDMI Port, microSD card slot, microphone, embedded loudspeaker and Wifi connection allow images to be edited and shared on the go almost instantly
- Five-hour battery life on the TX with display
Here are the Details:
One of the main features of the Phantom 4 Pro is the new 1″ camera sensor. How large is that compared to the Phantom 3 or the Inspire 1 Pro cameras such as the X5 and X5S? On the image below we have all of the DJI sensor sizes to date. You can see that we also included Full Frame and APS-C (Canon) Sensor Sizes so you can compare to sensors you may already have used or seen in normal photography gear.
(Phantom 4 Pro Feature Overview)
The Phantom 4 Pro features a brand new 1″ Sensor in its upgraded camera allowing it to record 4K/60fps video and Burst Mode stills at 14 frames-per-second.